Homework Policy 家課政策
The Purpose of Homework :
- To consolidate what students have learnt in class, and to prepare them for upcoming lessons.
- To develop students' self-regulated learning habits with teachers' guidance.
- To enable students to monitor their learning progress, understand their weaknesses, and use different strategies to improve their learning outcomes.
- To cultivate students' good learning habits and nurture their self-directed learning abilities.
- To let teachers keep track of students' learning progress and devise teaching strategies to facilitate better learning.
- To provide feedback on curriculum planning and implementing for the betterment of students' learning.
- To allow parents see their children's learning progress and to offer them support when needed.
- To ensure students are learning effectively, working closely with parents so as to help their children fully develop their potentials.
The Design of Homework:
- Based on each subject's teaching focus, teachers design effective and diversified homework to consolidate what students have learnt.
- A flexible amount of homework is applied to cater for students' learning diversity.
- Teachers work closely together to make family life friendly homework plans.
- Effective homework of various modes is designed to arouse students' learning interest.
- Homework for Primary 1-3 students is designed with additional fun and creative elements. Homework for Primary 4-6 students is focused on critical thinking, analyzing, creating new ideas as well as application in daily life.
Implementation Procedures and Arrangements:
- Homework periods are arranged for students to complete most of their homework at school.
- Teachers will help students with difficult problems in their homework in class.
Parents and School Collaboration:
- Parents should check student's homework and sign their homework diary regularly.
- Parents should understand the purpose and the importance of completing homework, and give support to students when needed.
- Parents should provide a quiet and comfortable environment for students to finish their work.
- Expectations on student's learning progress and academic results should be reasonable. Encouragement should be given often.
- Teachers' feedback on students' homework is valuable. Parents should be aware of it in order to help students improve their learning.
- Parents can visit our school website: http://www.lckps.edu.hk to know more about Primary 1-3 homework.